FOR GRANT SEEKERS
SPH Foundation Limited's grant-making philosophy revolves around its mission to help build a community that embraces education, creativity, diversity and active citizenry.
The Foundation focuses its support on the following objectives:
To promote life-long learning in Singapore, so as to benefit the Singapore community as a whole.
ARTS & CULTURE
To help create a conducive and vibrant environment for creative and literary expression.
To sustain and grow a strong local journalism core by building capacity and capabilities in the local media industry for the benefit of the general public.
To help foster community spirit.
PUBLIC DISCOURSE & CITIZEN PARTICIPATION
To advance and promote citizenship or community development by advancing and informing fact-based public discourse and citizen participation in relation to issues of public concern, interest or relevance.
As a registered charity and an Institution of Public Character (IPC), the Foundation will not support:
• Projects that are confined to sectional interests of a group of persons (eg. race, political groups etc) or serve an exclusively religious purpose
• Overseas projects which do not benefit the Singapore community
• Social and / or commercial events with no community benefit
• Projects which are not in line with the Foundation's objectives
GRANT PROPOSAL ELEMENTS
Qualified organizations seeking grants are encouraged to submit a proposal in a concise letter form, not exceeding two pages in length. The following items should be addressed:
• Description and mission of the organization
• Description of the specific programme / project for which funding is requested, including target audience, expected reach, timeline, publicity plan and fundraising mechanisms, where appropriate. Â If the programme / project has been implemented before, please provide information on audience turnout and outcomes of the previous event(s).
• Statement of key programme / project goals that will be attained and evaluated (Objectives should be “SMART” â€“ Specific, Measurable, Actionable, Results-oriented, Time-bound).
• Projected Income and Expenditure of programme / project, including list of projected and committed alternative funding sources (eg. sponsorships and ticket sales etc) and dollar amounts for the programme / project.
• Total amount requested from the SPH Foundation and indicate what this amount will be used for.
PROCEDURE FOR SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS
Proposals must be submitted at least 8 weeks prior to the commencement of the project. The proposals should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
SPH Foundation Limited
1000 Toa Payoh North
EVALUATION OF REQUESTS
We will evaluate only requests that are within the guidelines given in this policy document. If a request meets our criteria and funding is available, the requesting organisation may be asked to provide more information before a decision is made. The review process will generally take up to 8 weeks to complete. We will notify the requesting organisation of our decision in writing. We discourage telephone or email enquiries about the status of applications.
As the SPH Foundation does not solicit for public funds, but relies solely on the returns generated from investments to support its philanthropic activities, we have to decline many worthy proposals for the simple, but important, reason that our funds are limited and have already been committed to other causes. Such a response does not reflect in any way a negative appraisal of the requesting organisation or the value of its services or programmes.